As I discovered this morning, with MediaWiki 1.5.7+, if you attempt to put a <pre> wraped block of code within a numbered list, the indentation breaks and the numbering starts over after the <pre> block. This was pretty annoying, as I was trying to document a procedure including the commands to be run and their explanation. It took a few minutes, but I found the solution in the wikimedia Help:Editing FAQ page, thanks to Ulf Rompe:

# one
# two
#:here are a couple lines
#:of preformatted text
# and the numbering
# continues

The code lines are indented a bit more than what looks right, but it works.


comments powered by Disqus