Some random interesting links from Slashdot for today:
- The Greatest Battle of the Personal Computing Revolution Lies Ahead - Slashdot. A bit of a rant, but makes some good points that are close to my heart, and unfortunately far from the thoughts of many non-techies.
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read - an interesting project
- How Patent Trolls Harm the Economy -
- another issue close to my heart
- How Google Cools Its Armada of Servers » Data Center Knowledge
- Data centers – Google Data centers - A photo tour of Google data centers, by Google, along with a Google+ post about the architecture photographer who did this work.
- DARPA Funds a $300 Software-Defined Radio For Hackers -
- way cool.
- Honeynet Map - “realtime” map of cybersecurity incidents, from the Honeynet Project.
- Malware Is ‘Rampant’ On Medical Devices In Hospitals -
- a bit scary, but unfortunately not that hard to guess. I’ve seen (probably unpatched) Windows 2000 workstations on hospital networks.
- To top off the scary posts: Researcher Reverse-Engineers Pacemaker Transmitter To Deliver Deadly Shocks - Slashdot